Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Car Wreck

Before class yesterday morning I was driving to Taco Cabana on Mulbery Ave so I could get some tacos. Although it wasn't raining as hard as it had been earlier, the wind was still blowing horribly.  I had just finished texting my mom (of course I pulled onto the side of the road like every person does when they text in the vehicle) about how I knew a tree limb was going to fall and hit someone's car.  Literally in the next 20 seconds and 100 hundred yards, a giant tree falls down onto a car that was driving the opposite direction of me. I saw the whole thing play out, when I think about it now, I can see it in slow motion.  The limb smushed the car like it was made out of legos.  The car roof was completely smashed in and the windshield looked like someone had taken a bat to it.  I was the first vehicle to drive up to the wreck so naturally I was the first person to help him.  It was almost a race to get there because SSOOO many people werre trying to help him, NOT. Cars actually honked at me becaause I was in their way while I was helping the guy.  Driving up to the car, I truly thought that the driver could be fataly wounded if not dead because not only was the roof mashed in but the giant limb was sticking through the sunroof into the car. Nothing short of a miracle, the guy was not injured badly but enough to need an ambulance. I helped him get out of the vehicle and cover all the important things in his car because rain was drenching the inside through the broken sunroof and windshield. I then called 911 and stayed with the guy until the ambulance and cops came.  We both waited in my truck to get out of the rain.  After about 20 minutes, the ambulance and cops arrived.  It was only after that ambulance had treated his wounds that the cops put him in handcuffs and shoved him in the cop car.  I was dumbfounded.  The cops asked a few questions and I had some of my own to ask of them. Turns out the guy had NINETEEN warrants out for his arrest!  I pretty much let a convict sit in my truck while the cops were on their way to help us out.  Could have been bad but luckily everything turned out alright.  Although I had pretty much missed class, I was still able to go get some food from Taco Cabana.

1 comment: